Sent to you by Chris Hunter via Google Reader:
By the time you read this post, another several thousands of iPhone and mobile devices will have downloaded the world famous Angry Birds gaming app. I've already written on the app several times now, but there just doesn't seem to be anything that can slow Angry Bird's growth down.
In the latest Angry Birds news, the company has now reported that there have been over 350 million downloads of their gaming apps. Quite amazing! Last year I wrote about how Angry Birds generates over a million dollars a month, imagine how much it generates now! With over ten times more downloads and users, the company is just a pure cash cow!
Here's a few more amazing statistics from Angry Birds / Rovio.
- Every day over 300 MILLION minutes are spent playing Angry Birds on mobile devices.
- 3 MILLION plush toys of Angry Birds have been sold since June 2010… but latest reports are over a MILLION plush toy sales per month!
- Over 1 MILLION Angry Birds tshirts sold every month!
- Angry Birds is now playable on over 25 different platforms, including iOS, Android, Nook, Chrome Web App
So how does Angry Birds keep the trend going and make users keep coming back for more? It's all about the updates and new versions of the game that come out each season.
Make Money Off the Angry Birds Craze
Let Rovio worry about how they can continue to bring in more and more players. Instead you should be worrying about how you can start cashing in! Refer back to my "Make Money with Angry Birds" post a few months ago and read about how some web sites are selling for over $80,000 on Flippa, just for helping other figure out how to beat Angry Birds levels! Since I wrote this article, there have been several more Angry Birds sites that have been sold for big money on Flippa.
As mentioned earlier, there is also a huge craze for Angry Birds plush toys and clothing. Yes… there are even Angry Birds Halloween costumes available. Halloween and Christmas are going to be very kind to Angry Birds this year. Don't forget to get in on the action!
Things you can do from here:
- Subscribe to Affiliate Marketing Tips from Super Affiliate Zac Johnson using Google Reader
- Get started using Google Reader to easily keep up with all your favorite sites